Saturday 12 January 2013

Making the first bit of animation

First I made a draft of what I want the title sequence to look like in After Efects, I added a animated lens flare into the title sequence at the end.
To make it more dynamic at the start I used a black solid and a shatter effect to make it feel as though the animation was breaking through into your vision.
I used a lot of colors and animation effects to make the title sequence interesting to the viewer and would grab attention.

I decided to make a test animation of my superhero model to see how it might look like in the finished product, I decided to have him flying through the sky and through clouds I made with the cloud effects in Maya.
I wanted it to look like he propels himself forward like in the new Superman trailer an that a sudden turn of pace would affect the environment so I got a smoke effect in green screen to make it seem as if he propels himself through the clouds.
I then used the After Effects plugin keylight to take the green away leaving just the smoke effect.
And the finished product. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment